CNA Forum

Forum For CNA's and those who care about their work
This forum is open to everyone; no flaming or trolls allowed. Messages deemed inappropriate will be deleted.

Return to Index  

I know about deaf and visually impaired

August 29 2006 at 2:26 AM
MichelleXOXO 

Response to Working with the DEAF and BLIND CNA'S

When I get to the floor, I check out all of the residents first and foremost, to see if there is anything I should do before starting my rounds, while the other aides stand at the desk and talk. I can walk by a room and notice if a resident needs something, or is about to need something, even before they put the call light on. I feel that if you can keep a constant watch on all of your residents, then you can anticipate everything you need to do. I hate to tell other people what to do, but if I am busy, and I hear a call light or an alarm going off, I will YELL out to the other aide sitting at the desk that so and so needs this and I cannot get there, can you go see what they want please? I know I should not have to tell them to do that, but it is the only way to get things done. I have never had anyone tell me to do this or that, because I am already doing it. If you want your unit to run smoothly, someone is going to have to be the boss. And if you know the residents the best, it has to be you.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement