CNA Forum

Forum For CNA's and those who care about their work
This forum is open to everyone; no flaming or trolls allowed. Messages deemed inappropriate will be deleted.

Return to Index  

Re: You go away for just a little bit and...

August 25 2007 at 1:42 AM

Response to You go away for just a little bit and...

I am a cna, I have worked with some great nurses who will answer call lights, help with putting residents to bed,and take them too the bathroom when you are busy. But, I have also worked with nurses who will not get up, and give a resident a pain pill when you can see they are in pain especially if the nurse has already passed meds. I have seen them sit and play computer games on their cell phones for an hour and your residents is still screaming for meds. Or they are on another hall talking about what they are planning this weekend. I have even seen them slipping out to the parking lot to meet their boyfriend behind their husbands backs. However I have seen cnas come to work smelling like a brewery, and half **** faced, I watched them go to their cars at break time and get stoned. I have seen them leave residents unattended while they run home to take care of a child, and be gone for an hour and a half. I have seen it from both sides. But the side that's works the best is when nurses and cnas work hand-in-hand together. It's called teamwork !!!!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: You go away for just a little bit and... - lpn on Aug 25, 7:05 PM
  3. Re: You go away for just a little bit and... - Kevin on Aug 25, 9:01 PM
  5. You go away for just a little bit and... - MJ on Aug 26, 9:11 AM
    1. Re: You go away for just a little bit and... - Guest on Aug 26, 2:07 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement