CNA Forum

Forum For CNA's and those who care about their work
This forum is open to everyone; no flaming or trolls allowed. Messages deemed inappropriate will be deleted.

Return to Index  

New here and to the job

August 11 2010 at 8:08 AM

I have been working as a cna for 8 months on an early dementia unit. Previous I worked 6 months of home care before I went to CNA school.
I am so glad I found you all...I wondered if most facilities are as bad as mine (which has some super high rating for patient care?!) and after a few hours of reading I guess it is universal...short staffed, horrible patient to caregiver ratio,staff being required to work sick , all these things make no sense to me. I actually believed that nurses work be the most caring people to work around...NOT.
I love my residents, but am now considering changing jobs and just volunteering at a nursing home..doing the things I never have time to now...taking a few residents for a walk outside, doing manicure and reading to the ones with no family to visit. the whole thing is very discouraging.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I know - Guest on Aug 11, 12:53 PM
    1. it's not the cna stuff... - Elizabeth on Aug 11, 4:45 PM
      1. Welcome to the workforce... ;) - Kyle on Aug 12, 1:02 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement