CNA Forum

Forum For CNA's and those who care about their work
This forum is open to everyone; no flaming or trolls allowed. Messages deemed inappropriate will be deleted.

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: What's reasonable for day shift?
    • Patti
      Posted Aug 30, 2007 6:22 PM

Many people have spoken up to Congress. Both parties in control too...it's all about allocating a certain amount of funds to certain programs. When we insist they give us more, someone else looses another program or service. It sucks, but its the way of it.

Politics play a central role here. And not Democrat or republican Politics. No...its all about who lobbies the most to our esteemed leaders and how they respond to this. When I testified before Congress and spoke with Sens. Kennedy and Grassley nothing happened. And that was 10 yrs ago.

In my state, they're battling it out over funding for nursing homes or home health care. Who gets more? The  feds gave three million for home health care options- to keep people out of nursing homes. It's far cheaper to do this. But the nursing home lobby in my state is fighting this; they want the money to go to the nursing homes. And it looks like the money will go to the nursing homes; but I'm not under any illusion the cash will see my bank account....Nope...instead it will go towards building repairs and facility upgrades long before staff wages and the like.

The government taxes us to no end. And we expect this to cover all of our wants and wished and hopes- money wise anyway. There isn't enough money to give us what we want and need. The big chain operated homes are the ones who COULD give us more but they never will. They have a legal obligation to pay their investors before anyone else. I would like to see private nursing home business, as in big chains, outlawed. Human lives are put aside all the time over the price of a stock...I have to wonder if the investors really understand or even KNOW what really happens in their nursing homes they invest in...and I'm working on a project that aims to educate them.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)