Classic Dodge trucks-Sweptsides and stepsides

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

1954 Dodge / Fargo "roddin"

March 5 2007 at 4:47 PM
No score for this post
Twig  (Login Twigs54)
from IP address 198.53.163.199

Hi there i am looking anto putting a new chassis or an old one that will fit in my '54. I am 32 and have had this truck since i was 14. Currently it is '70 chrysler purple, has rally rims from a charger and a V8. i have original suspension and brake systems which were totally redone 10 years ago and now i want to put an independent front end with disc brakes, power steering and different rear brakes and axle in it. i plan on removing the body and starting over to customize this truck properly this time! Does anyone have a tip or suggestion on what they have done to puting their trucks on a newer chassis? Does anything fit or come close?
Thanks,

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ROY
(no login)

NEWER CHASSIS

No score for this post
March 10 2007, 4:06 PM 

I PUT MY 58 ON A SHORTENED 87 DAKOTA CHASSIS. OTHER THAN BUILDING NEW BODY MOUNTS, IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD. RACK & PINION,DISC BRAKES, EASY TO FIND PARTS, SITS THE BODY DOWN JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT. I HAVE SOME PICS IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO E-MAIL THEM TO YOU. A BUDDY ALSO HAS A 55 ON A 93 CHASSIS. MAGNUM ENGINE,OVERDRIVE AUTO. WOULD WORK JUST AS GOOD WITH A 5-SPEED OR A V-6 OR EVEN A 4-CYL. ANOTHER BUDDY IS IN THE PROCESS OF MOUNTING A 58 PANEL ON A DURANGO CHASSIS. I THINK HE IS PLANNING TO USE A CUMMINS DIESEL 5-SPEED. ROY

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Open to anyone with an idea, part question, tips, advice, etc., anything you wish to share with the rest of us.