Return to Index  

B40 Making a breech seal

March 10 2007 at 11:56 PM
Chris K  (Login klickcue)
YF

Bought a piece of Polyurethane rod, Shore 75D from McMaster-Carr.

I made the new breech seal longer and got rid of the spacing washer that were under the factory seal. I could have used the factory seal that had popped out of a used B40 that I had purchased, but wanted it as a sample for future repairs if needed.

The 1 inch OD Polyurethane rod was placed in the chuck of my lathe.

A router was mounted on the tool holder. A 3/8 inch carbide wood router bit was used to cut the OD to size to fit the compression cylinder. A hole was drilled into the rod to allow the air to pass through and finally the router was remounted as a boring router with a 1/4 inch carbide wood router bit. The breech hole was bored to depth then the router was swung to 15 degrees to cut the final entrance lip.

Have Fun!
Chris

http://www.klickcue.com/air_rifle/b50_51/technical_details_for_adjusting_the_bam_b50_51.pdf
Please Right Mouse Click and Save
Last Publish Date 2-04-2007

Respond to this message   
Responses

• I will add - Chris K on Mar 11, 2007, 12:07 AM
  •  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..