Help needed with regards to 'resetting' a barrel on a QB78April 2 2010 at 12:50 PM
John (Login MagicNumber)
My son has a QB78 that was built by Roy @ MountainAir with a .20 cal LW barrel. Gun has always been a tack driver. Last weekend he was trying to install a new muzzle break and without me knowing he was really forcing it onto the barrel without supporting the barrel with his other hand.
When we went to shoot he was about 2-3 inches off in windage at 20 yards and about 2 inches in elevation. Seemed at little random withmore flyers than we have seen before. His barrel band is slightly loose.
So I am wondering what to do in order to set his barrel 'back' if you will. Should I loosen the allen grub screw on top of the reciever and twist or turn barrel then retighten etc... Also how tight should the barrel band bolt be.
I assume once we rest it we'll just need to resight in his scope.
Any help is appreciated.
- Re: Help needed with regards to 'resetting' a barrel on a QB78 - Dan in MI on Apr 2, 2010, 1:28 PM
- "Wiggle" - robert on Apr 2, 2010, 3:24 PM
- Also, you may not have the new brake aligned - Tom Weigenant on Apr 2, 2010, 6:00 PM
- Test - robert on Apr 2, 2010, 7:45 PM
- UPDATE -- Problem fixed! Thank you - GRAPHIC pic - John on Apr 8, 2010, 6:50 PM