Return to Index  

It will be an interesting investigation

August 4 2010 at 11:59 AM
Cal  (Login CalG)
AR&P

Response to Tons of good ideas in this string...I'll add another vote for a light striker

The geometry of the area around the the neck of 12g carts and the piercing pin may have considerable effect on the "reservoir" effect of the entire CO2 tube. Piercing and sealing effects are all to be considered. I have no doubt that the conditions of equilibrium within and external to the cart it's self has a bearing on any scheme to control gas flow. At this moment, thoughts run through wondering how the addition of a sealing device (o-ring perhaps) on the strike pin that would isolate the valve body volume during shot cycle might offer a degree of control to the total gas charge available.
Bulk fill condition may be more easily contemplated.

An R&D valve is on order awaiting ..... with free delivery wink.gif

I am sure others have gone before on such mumblings, but I have not come across their notes.

This message has been edited by CalG on Aug 4, 2010 12:00 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..