Return to Index  

I am right-handed, so when my cheek touches the comb

November 24 2010 at 12:44 PM
  (Login kestreltom)
YF

Response to I think you and Larry both have hit some thing that I will try

it results in pressure from the left applied behind the rifle's center of mass. So my shots displace to the left.

With a decent scope, if your objective is properly focused on the target - and the eyepiece is properly focused on the reticule (I won't go into detail here...) , then eye movement will not result in a change in the POI - that is why the focus adjustment is also called the parallax adjustment. There are probably more topics devoted to sighting in your scope than I can shake a stick at, so to be brief - if you set your rifle down on some pillows or bags and set it up like I described above and sight through the scope without touching or disturbing the rifle, you should be able to move your eye up/down & side-to-side without the crosshairs moving relative to the target.

Tom

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..