Return to Index  

B28 getting some love

May 25 2011 at 3:08 PM
  (Login DMikeM)
YC

So this past few weeks I have been detailing my gun up. Found that chopping about 3 to 4 inches off the BBLs does wonders for accuracy, look, and handling.

Most recent was my custom .177cal B28 from Mike Melick. This was a project gun he sent me at a discount it had been used for demo purposes and shows if I remember right. So I got a vortek kit for it and was way too powerful, shooting 10.5 grain pellets at and over 1000fps and couldn't hit a pie plate with it. So I talked to Tom and he suggested a reduced power spring. So we swapped it out and then it was far more agreeable to shoot. Next I refinished the stock and recently cut the BBL by 3.5 inches. Well the FPS went up a little again but it is still accurate but very loud. Last night I stuck on a muzzle brake and kept it about 3/4 of an inch from bottoming out on the crown. The gun must be 40% more quiet and the POI shifted up by 2 inches at 35 yards. Made some adjustments and now it is a wow gun.
I shot 20, 30 and 35 yard targets and kept the groups under 1/2 inch with several in one hole. After work I am going to get some new grub screws fore the brake and clean it up so I can make it permanent after that I will post some pix.
Something I love about these inexpensive guns is that you can make them into a project for little money and they become something special after-wards.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..