Return to Index  

I rob my toilet...

June 23 2011 at 8:19 AM

(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Response to Ice maker tubing- transfer port seal Size on a QB79

I rob my toilet for the poly tubing. Fluidmaster 400A toilet valve always provides extra long tubing for the overflow... and it measures .275" OD x .040 wall, yielding .196" ID. Just cut off a couple inches from your existing toilet overflow and you're set.

If you can mill the recessed seats as previously suggested using a 17/64" milling bit, you will have a larger diameter TP that will make an excellent seal, providing more volume in which the CO2 can expand behind the pellet. More volume is a good thing with CO2.

Here's a tip for cutting any polytube square... Whatever size tubing you decide to use, feed a short length of it snugly over the shank of a drill bit of the appropriate diameter. Then chuck the bit into a variable speed hand drill, flutes first. (I do this in my lathe, but the handheld drill works just as well.) Using a sharp X-Acto blade in its holder, score the tubing with the blade as the tubing is spinning. This will make a nice, square cut across the tubing. Make a second cut at the length needed (it'll take a couple tries) and you're done.

[linked image]

[linked image]
Posts almost always edited to correct typos/spelling

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Jun 23, 2011 8:54 AM
This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Jun 23, 2011 8:34 AM
This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Jun 23, 2011 8:33 AM
This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Jun 23, 2011 8:21 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..