Return to Index  

Like the set screw idea

October 23 2011 at 8:23 PM
Bill K  (Login needmoretoys)
YF

Response to New Adapter Allows 9-oz Paintball Tanks to be Used With QB79 Without Problems

I bought 2 of the Cooper-T 90 deg adapters a few years ago to allow the tank to hang down. The 9 oz steel tanks work fine without an adapter, but they are too heavy on the front of the rifle. The problem with the Cooper-T adapter is that I had to try to shim the adapter to get it to point straight down, which took a lot of trial and error. The set screw solves that problem. In addition, a 9 oz tank hanging down is cumbersome. That's why I bought some 4 oz tanks recently. Although 4 oz vertical tanks work well, using this adapter would be an improvement. I like the lighter 4 oz tank better than the 9 oz tank. Now to decide if I want to spend another $30, or $60 for both QB79's. Maybe if I tell the wife real gently.

4 other rifles (3 old springers and Daisy target)
Crosman custom 2400KT - 18" .177

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..