Return to Index  

Shooting the Stoeger X20

December 6 2011 at 1:04 PM
Jeremy  (Login Smaug1)
YF

I was talking to Stephen on the phone the other day and mentioned I was heading off to the indoor range. He asked what I was shooting, I told him, and one of the guns was my Stoeger X20. He's a Stoeger dealer now, so he expressed interest to hear how it went.

I managed one 3/8" group at 30 yards from a seated position. Kind of a field target position, but with no straps, jackets, or appendages to raise the front of the rifle to a comfortable position.

Here are some groups from it from earlier in the season. Stephen. These are some older targets, and I'm not a pro springer shooter by any means. but that 3-shot cloverleaf at 70 yards makes me think the rifle can do more than I'm allowing it to. wink.gif

The details are written on the targets. They were shot from a bench. I can't recall how I rested the front end. I think on my open hand, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Notice that the 25 yard group is proportionally much worse than the 50 and 70 yard targets? I think the dots were too big, and didn't force me to focuse too tightly on it.

The scope mount is a typical one-piece mount, and the scope is a Leapers 3-12x40 AO. These are the best scope around for $70, if you ask me. Only disadvantage I can see is that they're heavy and the reticles are a tad thick.

The BAM rifles seem to get a lot of bandwidth here, but from what I've seen, these Stoeger rifles are a step above them in finish quality. The plastic stock is just great.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..