BKL MOUNTS - SECOND TO NONE.

It's leaking

March 23 2012 at 8:47 PM
AirPlayin  (Login AirPlayin)
YC

Response to Change the breech seal and add an XP bolt kit...

Thanks for that info. I just shot a few more strings. Looks like I got around 50 - 60 shots until it really dropped off fast.

I did notice that it is blowing back quite a bit. Didn't notice it that first string but when I went back to mount a scope I noticed vapor blowing back from the breech. After that I was paying more attention and I could feel the blow back on my forehead.

Seems like that leads right into your suggestion of a new seal. Are we talking about the black o-ring on the bolt or is there another seal I need to look at? I guess I'd better get the explosion out and study it. And look for a post on breakdown.

Thanks for the tip - I'll take a look as soon as I post this.

Accuracy - ten shot groups around 3/4 inch at 10 yds. And while the mv dropped to the mid 300's it dropped pretty consistently. No real fliers, better than I would expect from a gun that's leaking.

Is there a way to bleed it down, other than cycling the action? I see a strange wrench in the box but don't see anyplace to use it and the manual isn't helpful.

Thanks,

Fred

Respond to this message   

BKL MOUNTS - SECOND TO NONE.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..