Return to Index  

Re: Big ED...where and how are you? nt

April 14 2012 at 7:25 AM

BigEd618  (Login Biged618)
YFOT

Response to Big ED...where and how are you? nt

I'm back home again, after 3 very frustrating months in Florida. I don't mind going to Florida, but it takes me away from my shop. I have a difficult enough time when everything is running. It doesn't take much of a setback to throw me off my game any more. This time, I planned ahead and had a CNC Mill shipped down there. It cost me $1300 to have the mill shipped, and after getting it moved in and hooked up, it would NOT run. Somehow it went into an E-stop condition and would not allow me to power up the machine. The computer would run, but it wouldn't allow the machine to turn on. I checked everything that my limited electrical knowledge allowed me to check. The rotary phase converter was working just fine, and the phases were balanced with less than 5 volts difference between all 3 phases. 3 electricians later and $700 for their services, it still isn't running.
This setback blew my mood for the entire 3 months and I didn't get anything accomplished. Nothing new there. I've had problems for the last 3 years.

I had one gun that was supposed to be finished before I left. It still isn't done. That's how bad things are. I managed to get the shroud built and powder coated but the riser and barrel band needs coating and a cocking pin made. 2 hours work that may still take 2 to 3 days to get done. I'm frustrated and I'm sure that Randy is frustrated as well. Along with everything else, I'm still having a severely difficult time with e-mail.

I haven't given up and now that I'm back with a working Mill, I can return to work on the breeches and gauge holders. Between now and the 26th, I will be prepping about 15 guns to take to the Little Rock show. If things go extremely right, I might even have a couple of prototype side-lever breeches there as well.

So, I'm back, but not up to speed yet. I need a couple of things to go right and build on that.

Thanks for asking about me. I figured that I'd blown my reputation so bad, that nobody cared any more.

BigEd

Http://www.bigedmachining.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..