QB 79 valve O-RingApril 19 2012 at 11:40 PM
|Derek (Login dhaf177)|
Picked up one of my all times wants in Findlay on Saturday, thanks to Ted Summers... A .177 QB 79 with a 3.5oz tank. After finding a safety and getting the tank filled I was ready to see if she held air...she didn't. I had to replace o-rings with what BUNA o-rings I had and could get at the hardware store.(Also found out a crosman 2100 breach seal works for the QB's in a pinch)
My question is about using a BUNA #113 for the valve how long will the o-ring probably last? I plan to mainly use a 20oz. CO2 tank with a remote, which I think if I keep the tank vertical, it will keep liquid CO2 from getting inside the rifle, which in paintball is the major cause of o-ring failure....I guess I really tossing the idea out there to see if BUNA is probably ok if it is not going to be in contact with liquid CO2 much.
I plan to upgrade to the xp valve/bolt in the next few years, but don't want to be tearing the rifle apart alot until then or ordering excess amounts of valve o-rings.
- O ring - bobbie1 on Apr 20, 2012, 3:45 AM
- Re: QB 79 valve O-Ring - Stephen Archer on Apr 20, 2012, 9:04 AM
- When mine went bad on my QB79 ... - knt on Apr 20, 2012, 9:42 AM
- If you look at - Anthony R on Apr 20, 2012, 10:40 AM
- EPDM.... - Ryan on Apr 20, 2012, 12:41 PM
- Ordered some... - Derek on Apr 21, 2012, 1:44 AM