Return to Index  

QB 79 valve O-Ring

April 19 2012 at 11:40 PM
Derek  (Login dhaf177)
YF

Picked up one of my all times wants in Findlay on Saturday, thanks to Ted Summers... A .177 QB 79 with a 3.5oz tank. After finding a safety and getting the tank filled I was ready to see if she held air...she didn't. I had to replace o-rings with what BUNA o-rings I had and could get at the hardware store.(Also found out a crosman 2100 breach seal works for the QB's in a pinch)

My question is about using a BUNA #113 for the valve how long will the o-ring probably last? I plan to mainly use a 20oz. CO2 tank with a remote, which I think if I keep the tank vertical, it will keep liquid CO2 from getting inside the rifle, which in paintball is the major cause of o-ring failure....I guess I really tossing the idea out there to see if BUNA is probably ok if it is not going to be in contact with liquid CO2 much.

I plan to upgrade to the xp valve/bolt in the next few years, but don't want to be tearing the rifle apart alot until then or ordering excess amounts of valve o-rings.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..