Return to Index  

QB89

May 20 2012 at 5:35 AM

James  (Login captiveherps)
YF

Response to Looks great with the black stock

The stock was broken in two places when I got it. It would not cock. The inletting was too small. Looks like the action may have been forced into the stock. I had to press it out of there. Sanded the inside to make the action fit.
Since I was going to spray it with beadliner, I glued up the stock and gave it a rough sanding but did not put too much effort into making it pretty. The stock was very wavy. Used a block to level it out a bit.

Lubed it up, but left the internals alone. The trigger is very stiff, and creepy. It has enough travel to feel like a 2 stage at this point. Its very hard, then when it gets halfway, it gets much lighter. I expect it will get better with use.
It shoots ok, though I have not sighted it in yet. A ear plug on the right ear would be a good idea as you are right up against the piston/breach area.

http://www.cafepress.ca/AK47andmore

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..