Return to Index  

Tried a .177 top end...

June 6 2012 at 11:33 AM
  (Login daved20319)
YFOT

On my QB build, no changes to the power plant, just plunked the original .177 top end back on. Oh, one change, I removed the 2 shims I had on the hammer spring. Accuracy was just as good as the .22, Kodiaks were in the high 800's, producing around 17 fpe, JSB Monsters were a bit slower but netted over 18 fpe. Funny thing, though, I just didn't like the feel of the .177 as well as I do the .22, so it's back to a .22 again, and whacking starlings with Barracuda Greens happy.gif.

BTW, in case anyone missed my post on the main about the Greens, if you haven't tried these yet, and have a want/need for a non-lead pellet, do yourself a favor and get some. In my QB, they're doing about 930 fps for about 24 fpe, and are one hole accurate at 30 yards. Being light at 12+ gr., I suspect they'd also do well in CO2 only guns at lower velocity, but I haven't tested it yet, I need to give them a try in my XS 60. I've tried the Dynamic tin pellets before, had some luck with the .177 Sn-1, but never found a rifle that liked the .22's. Only down side is, I need to order more happy.gif! Later.

Dave

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..