Return to Index  

Did a shot count (HDD helps a lot) on the qb78 I tuned for my brother-in-law....

June 14 2012 at 6:38 PM
Bruce  (Login bruce.itterman)
YF

At 72-74 its doing just over 700 FPS with 14.3 Cph. It was at higher temps slowing down so I added a couple shims. The funny thing is it did not change the velocity at all other than it being more consistent.

It has a HDD in it, I really need to lighten the hammer but not going there.

I kept shooting it and then pausing shooting a few shots and pausing.... Anyways got 37 shoots 704 down to 682 FPS. 38th was 678 and 39th was 664.... 40th was 651 fps.

All in all for the power this is putting out its an ok compromise between power and shot count. My sons gun with the same mods without the hdd only did 30-31 shoots at slightly higher speed but larger spread (about 35 FPS).

Its now doing about 30 good shots with a HDD and lighter striker but in the low to mid 80's can do 777FPS.. not bad for 2 12g of co2! Not sure were valve lock occurs as it does not get that here very often.

Bruce

This message has been edited by bruce.itterman on Jun 14, 2012 6:55 PM
This message has been edited by bruce.itterman on Jun 14, 2012 6:42 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..