Return to Index  

QB 79 problem..bolt wont go all the way back..??

July 29 2012 at 1:32 AM
Tim (formerly) in Iowa  (Login TimandDenise)
YF

I have been shooting this thing a lot the last month or so. It is one of Mikes rifles, it has always done well enough....Never have had a real opportunity to really wring it out but it does ok with a variety of pellets so I just never found the 'best' diet for her yet..

So, I'm playin my usual game, shootin meat bees off bait at 60 feet when I start missing way more than usual...I had a piece of white cardboard leaning against the tree and use that as a zero check on occasion...I shot a group with 2 differnt types of pellets and my cloverleaf shooter wouldnt hold em under an inch.....

I figured to just goof off a bit more and waste some gas and lead and then went to load and the bolt wont go back all the way...it goes back just far enough to get a pellet in and has maybe 3/8 inch more to go..it cocks and fires ok, just wont go back--

Any ideas?...I will open her up sometime next week when I have some time...any clue on what to look for?

Thanks for lookin--appreciate any help....

Tim..

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..