Return to Index  

New QB78 .177

November 23 2016 at 9:30 PM
hfenn  (Login hfenn)
YC

Got my new QB in .177 Beeman branded from Pyramyd Air today. It was after dark when I got home. I pulled some patches through the barrel to clean out the gunk. Cocking had some roughness that smoothed out some while shooting the leak tests. Doing the tissue tests, no leaks seen at the barrel seal, bolt probe or transfer port. I haven't taken it apart yet, but the transfer port seal looks like it may now be an "o" ring (I see black rather than the previous tan color squished there.
I shot a few pellets and it looks good at a short distance. The new fiber optic sights will probably be nice in daylight.
Cocking effort seems less even with the gold bolt handle. Sound level about what I expect on CO2 at 65*F.
The wood looks nicer and more of it than my ten year old example.
[linked image]
(New one on top).
Sighting in, chrony tests after family leaves from the Thanksgiving holiday. The crown passes the Q-tip test and looks ok, but targets will tell.
I may try my HiPac in it, but depends on the CO2 tests.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..