Return to Index  

Some updates

November 25 2016 at 1:58 PM
hfenn  (Login hfenn)
YC

Response to New QB78 .177

Yesterday I did some pellet testing at 20 yards with the fiber optic sights and JSB 10.34 gr did the best. Five shots in less than .5"
Last night I moved the action to my laminate stock (posts below under NEW Wood for QB78) and mounted a cheap Center Point scope that came with a Benji NP rifle.
Today I put some pellets over the chrony. Beeman claims 650 fps. It is 75*F while shooting these. A 7gr pellet will go 630 and the 10.34 went 580fps.
Shot some targets in the 5mph variable breeze and the JSB 10.34 will make under half inch groups at 20 yards with usually three touching. I spent some time plinking small plastic vitamin bottles at up to 40 yards and was pleased with the results. The action is smoothing out very nicely.
One fault was the left scope groove had some swarth in it that came out like a piece of wire. If a user had not noticed it, he would have had trouble mounting a set of rings.
This rifle is going to get a nicer AO scope, the glass is not very good on the CP.
Happy Thanksgiving!

This message has been edited by hfenn on Nov 25, 2016 2:00 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..