Return to Index  

Like Jason, I haven't seen oversize .22 bore in Chinese guns

December 5 2016 at 8:13 PM
Scot Laughlin  (Login classicalgas)
YF

Response to .177 bore Diana?

at least nothing like the "wont shoot anything accurately" oversize bores in many Benjie 392's of recent vintage.

The old snowpeaks and fast deers had remarkably nice bores(in .177) especially considering the price, and didn't seem pellet fussy or oversize, but I don't have any old Chinese .22's other than a couple project QB 78's of unknown vintage, and they seem way less pellet fussy, and more generally accurate, than the aforementioned 392's.

A lightly massaged QB barrel in.177 is as accurate as anything I own at 10-30 yards, with a variety of pellets, a somewhat more pampered .22 QB barrel will shoot groups as nice as the LW barrel that's on the same gun now...I honestly don't know how the Chinese barrels often outshoot crosman barrels,in spite of wandering bores (cut any of them and the hole will be off center)

Turkish(hatsan) bores in the low cost guns at least, are horrid in comparison, but occasionally I'll find a cheap Chinese made break barrel of recent manufacture with real bore problems.

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..