Return to Index  

The two biggest faults in the sliding cylinder chinese springers

December 16 2016 at 4:53 PM
Scot Laughlin  (Login classicalgas)
YF

Response to TS-45 Schematic?

are the rough and out of round cylinder, and the basic single lever trigger. When you start to polish the cylinder out, you'll see that when it was made, it was chucked in a three jaw chuck so tight that the thin walls were distorted.

A strap wrench to hold it, and a home made rigid hone (slotted tube near the correct OD, wrapped with abrasive cloth) will let you true and smooth the cylinder.

Stone the trigger sear and piston hook(or notch)don't change angles.

Then sleeve the steel guide with teflon heat shrink tube, true and polish the spring ends, put a hardened and polished washer (thrust bearing washers) front and rear of the spring, do a basic fire lap, touch up the crown...that's about 90% of what you can do without major effort. I've tried parachute piston seals, o-ring heads, and the original leather. the leather makes the most power, o-ring is most consistent.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..