Return to Index  

Considered the XS-60 for PCP...

December 22 2016 at 11:02 AM
Dave Dunn  (Login daved20319)
YFOT

Response to what happened to the 100 dollar pcp buzzz from 2015 ??

Had an early one and the design had me kind of excited about the possibility of converting it to PCP, it would certainly be easier and cleaner than converting a QB. But after playing with it for awhile, I came to the conclusion that the receiver was just WAY too soft, I don't know what aluminum alloy they used, but I suspected recycled pop cans. Add in the fine threads and a steel tube, and it just seemed like a recipe for disaster. Decided to stick to QB's, and I think that was the right decision. Nice little rifle otherwise, and a nice modernization of the QB design, but marred by some bad engineering choices. Now, if they'd used 7075 for the receiver, well, look out world happy.gif!

Dave

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..