Return to Index  

Guesses

January 3 2017 at 11:02 PM
gubb33ps  (Login gubb33ps)
YF

Response to Robert, Russ, and other with exp., how does the mrod plinks tear stack up to the qb reptr

Don't have a standard QB around to measure....it will come out heavier by a good bit. AirMax stocks aren't real thick, but they are full-adult length, which might be a problem for younger shooters (current Qb stocks are also longer than the old QB standard's stocks....but at least you could hack on one and them buy a replacement as the kid grows).

QB79...the tanker version...ends up really heavy once you count scope/mounts/full 9oz co2 tank (full paintball tank is something close to 2 pounds by itself).

As mentioned in a post on the main page, loading the mag is a PIA for an adult...not real sure how kids would deal with it. I don't deal with it well out in the field, once the mags are all empty, will put the singl shot tray back in and NOT deal with them until I go back inside for lunch or a cup of coffee.

Power being equal, there's no way a single 12gr. is going to give the shot count of two 12grs. Not really an issue, other than the kids having to stop to reload twice as often.

Only time/use will tell. Seems very well built (even to the point of the striker and bolt using brass bearings on the screws that operate inside). If I had to bet, would bet the mags to offer problems long term...they just don't impress me as being as well desinged/built.

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..