Return to Index  

SS2--- Count your blessings. Save your money

January 7 2017 at 9:17 PM
scottro  (Login scottgg)
YF

Response to Wish they exported them to our shores

I had an SS2. It shot pretty well and quite smoothly for about 500 rounds. Then the sear or some internal part wore and it wouldn't stay cocked. I sent it back to Compasseco for repairs. It took months and when it came back, I assumed they'd fixed it free under warranty. I found out later that they'd charged a credit card of mine that they had on file. sad.gif

The SS2 was very crude in every way compared to an FWB and the cocking mechanism had sharp edges that hurt your hand after a shooting session. The sights were also crude and the back sight was canted. There were review articles on the web comparing the SS2 favorably with the FWB65, but they were untrue.

My advice: Spend the extra $$, get a nice used FWB, and don't look back.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..