Return to Index  

some tuning on the plinkster( build thread ill keep goin )

February 4 2017 at 6:19 PM

robny  (Login robnewyork)
YF

so far ive opened up the transfer port, the barrel and the valve port to .153.. that did nothing.. Then i wet sanded the lead in on the barrel , that made cycling a dream.. Ive been messing with hammer springs, but theres really no room at the back for binding or coiling up, so i ground 1/8th inch off the hammer so the sear engages a bit earlier.. I tried the 760 and disco hammer springs, Yes they work but the length isnt right, so I just ordered a paintball hammer spring that Im familiar with and can be cut to length.. ( explaining the hammer spring constriction is hard unless you have one.. HERES THE VALVE pic

photo tuning the PLINK.jpg

Anyway.. what I did was measure how much preload was on the valve stem.. Then , to add volume and reduce preload all at once i simply chucked it in the lathe, took a mm at the back wall , reassembled , and repeated till i felt a reduction in force to open the valve.. SO far soo good and I can still go further.. I did not have a good spring to substitute the stock valve spring , but when I do , that will be a huge gain.. I then proceded to part off most of the valve threads, they are not part of the seal , and again , a tiny gain in volume..
My stock numbers were 605 peak , and quickly dropped off to 585 ish for the rest of the usable string.. I just shot a crosman premier at 667fps for the first shot , and then leveled off in the 640s.. So im making progress. With the lighter valve stem spring , and longer hammer spring ,. I should be able to reach my 700 goal.Oddly , shot count hasnt changed noticeably , well yet'
.153 port job doesnt take much material , maybe .020

photo 153 port.jpg

This message has been edited by robnewyork on Feb 12, 2017 7:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..