Return to Index  

7.9s , my gun came shooting slow , another Obvious mod

February 5 2017 at 1:36 PM

robny  (Login robnewyork)
YF

Response to Nice, what

photo flat HAMMER.jpg

since the hammer impacts the valve and the stem is soo short, to increase the duration of the shot , i shaved .040 off the back of the valve thus increasing dwell time.. Time to go outside and chrony now.. The obvious risk now with the lighter valve spring installed and the preloaded hammer spring , is the valve will leak while not cocked , easily reversible..ALL WORKED perfect, 670 fps high, then settles into the low 650s and high 640s ,so the settled numbers are better, even if the peak is only 3-4 fps higherr.. if i wait a min between shots 667 popped back up.. Im LOVING THIS GUN.. really responsive to these small tunes..USable shots is still over 30 (600fps+
IM now at 678 fps high.. Not too shabby from the 605 starting point.

and as i go along , im upgrading hardware, need to get some cap heads black , but these lil things take 4 mins so why not have imperial pitch with better grade steel

photo upgrade screws.jpg

AND AGAIN , more volume , numbers still sitting the 650 average range with peak 670

photo more volume.jpg

This message has been edited by robnewyork on Feb 5, 2017 5:15 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..