Return to Index  

progress on bulk fill(pics )

February 12 2017 at 1:41 PM

robny  (Login robnewyork)
YF

Response to new machined aluninum end cap for bulk fill

photo tapped adapter_1.jpg
photo spring.jpg

obviously i dont wanna lock it down till the drop down stainless tube and the gauge are installed, Just make it harder to work on with the disco foster getting in the way ( AS i said , this thing will be filled in 5-6 ways , anything someone one can fill it )
88 gram
12 gram'
attached paintball tank
bulk fill
3 co2s like stock
HPA into empty 88 gram.. etc etc

Anyway,someone may wonder why the recess before the 1/8th npt threads?? pretty simple, Its a tapered thread, and accordingly the gauge thread is tapered.. Needless to say the lockout , or seal point will leave the gauge proud iof the cap somewhere around 50-100 thou, so a recess allows for cleaners lines while still creating a perfect seal.. Hope that makes sense, some guys have different methods, the key is to drill deeper to accomodate the recess and still maximize thread engagement

photo ORINGED.jpg

This message has been edited by robnewyork on Feb 13, 2017 12:48 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..