Return to Index  

If they can get this right from the get-go...

February 14 2017 at 1:53 PM
Ron Robinson  (Login compressive)
YC

Response to The New Beeman Chief PCP Air Rifle

If the Chinese can get this right from the get-go, which would probably require your proactive help Steve, they can blow the Maximus right out of the water.

This rifle, a 160/167 PCP, is what I was suggesting Crosman do for decades. The 160/QB is such a good platform: better than the Discovery/Maximus in some very important regards.

The 160/QB platform has (and always had) a superior trigger, stronger breech and stiffer barrel than the Disco/Maximus. Not to mention the fact Crosman produced tens of thousands of 160/167's for sixteen years before PCP's became marketing reality. Why they decided to re-invent the (inferior) wheel while ignoring the marketing potentials of reviving the widely-acclaimed and beloved Crosman 160 when entering the PCP market must have been a corporate decision rooted in either obstinance, tunnel-vision or worse.

As you may already know, Steve, the low cheek-piece, shorter breech and length-of-pull on this prototype Chief are (curiously) counter-productive, and should be corrected on production guns. And the power-adjusting screw is a no-brianer that must be carried through on production guns.

Here's hoping this LONG OVERDUE model gets the logical tweeks it needs to fully capitalize on Crosman's short-sightedness. If done well, it has HUGE potentials.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..