Return to Index  

bulked plinkster pretty much done , now for tuning ( pics

February 18 2017 at 3:03 PM

Robny  (Login robnewyork)
YF

photo sideview.jpg
well, not pretty , but i kinda knew that going in..the tank will eventually sit at 6 oclock below the stock, but for now this was expedient..An interesting part, I assume because of the massive plenum volume between the tank and valve is that the gun self regulates a bit.. I cannot get a shot off outside a 15fps spread,,pretty interesting .. another odd side effect is the valve doesnt always have the pressure to seat the check , so i need to recock quickly on occassion.. But thats easily fixed by going back to the heavier valve spring.
photo gauge port.jpg

another odd factoid , the valve sealed the tube with a 112 oring , yet my machined adapter only sealed the tube with a 113.Im down a few fps from just slapping in a 12 gram , and again , it needs to be tuned differently now that its almost all gaseous co2 reaching the valve, and not liquid..

photo completed_1.jpg

fun and easy project overall, the only challenge at all is sealing the tube..( you can externally test the bulk assembly , foster etc)matter of fact now that the pressure leveled off after initially piercing the 90 gram , the valve now seats no problem at 1000psi

photo inside PIC.jpg

TUNING ADVICE WELCOME, NEVER HAD A BULK GUN

This message has been edited by robnewyork on Feb 18, 2017 5:14 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..