Return to Index  

Prototype 1.0 and 1.1 CP1 shroud

March 27 2017 at 8:54 PM
gubb33ps  (Login gubb33ps)
YF

Testing a prototype 1.0 for the CP1.

photo f20d2ba2-9f84-47a1-955d-7fd738c04d53.jpg

1. 3/4" OD tube is about the max without touching the air tube, leaves a 1/10" nice even space.
2. The one show may be too long. Muzzle does end about 1 1/2 inches beyind the end cap, so the long shroud really only has about 2 1/2" of space ahead of the muzzle.
3. Only loose red-dot on hand is an old kind of crappy one already in see though mounts. I hate see though mounts when there is no front sight to see through to.
4. RedDot still works, but not only are the adjustments very coarse.

Was a bit of a challenge to get on target and I wasted a lot of shots. Without the heavy LDC from the last test, the light unweighted muzzle wanted to shoot way-way high....high enough that I sailed over an 8 1/2X 11" target paper at first.

photo eff6a59d-74c4-4fd0-86fa-5c8ab9bd11c3.jpg

5. Really doesn't shoot any worse or better than it did with the LDC and a red dot.
6. Unsure if I will just revert back to previous set up, or continue with the shroud.

If I do continue, will:

7. Experiment with some new internal parts.
8. figure out how to mount a useful front sight and go back to iron sights.
9. Eventally paint the shroud...the polished metal is a definate no-no for iron sights.

Prototype #1.1 (just a mod of prototype #1):

Only front sight I could find was a crappy plastic day-glow sight. Figured out how to mount it on a plastic tube that was a push fit over the 3/4" shorud.

SOMEDAY, I'll likely dupicate that with a steel sight tack-welded onto a steel base tube, all the same size as this plastic-wonder.

photo 6b2b6410-df14-4cf9-b5d7-bd2b436f69b4.jpg

Sight is a little high...which makes the rear sight a bit high...but there is reason in that madness. Needs to be a little elevated so that the magazine doesn't block the lower left hand corenr of the rear sight notch.

I could live with it this way...but I think I'm going to put the Red Dot shown in the first picture back on....at least that way, those ding-dang see-though rings would have something to be useful when seeing though.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Mar 27, 2017 8:55 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Details? - J Williams on Sep 3, 2017, 8:00 AM
  •  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..