Return to Index  

I generaly use a piloted end mill ("counterbore cutter") to true and smooth the valve seat

April 14 2017 at 8:03 PM
Scot Laughlin  (Login classicalgas)
YF

Response to Delrin QB 78 valve stem question

in the valve body, then undercut the valve head in the seat area at about 3 degrees, to make a lip that conforms a little. I'll trim the valve head OD at the seat until there's very little overlap /overhang past the port edge(.020" or so) which makes the valve open easier, due to the smaller seal area.

Without that specialized tooling, the lapping process is your best bet, just remember that the compound will embed in the softer material, and cut the harder, so if the valve head seal area isn't square to the stem, you are screwed, and if the seat in the valve body is way out of square, you'll spend a lot of time lapping.

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..