Return to Index  

CP1 Trigger

April 29 2017 at 1:03 PM

Kid Shelleen  (Login Kid.Shelleen)
YF12

Response to Is this the same CP-1 that, on the MrodAir website, is spec'd...

Yes, I got it from MRod Air. The receiver is marked AIRMAX MRodAir Target Master .177 The accuracy is OK but the trigger pull was long and on the heavy side. I cleaned up the contact points on the sear and trigger and reduce the pull length by putting a spacer through the center pin that contacts the sear. There is a single grub screw that goes through the upper part of the trigger that contacts the sear but it is "frozen" in place and I don't want to take the chance of stripping the allen head out because it is very small. It looks like the grub screw only adjusts the length of pull so wouldn't help much to help reduce the weight of the pull which is now at about 2.5 lbs. From what I can see, reducing the length of the sear spring is about the only easy way of reducing the trigger pull weight. I was hoping someone else had this experience and successfully reduced the pull by shorting the sear spring a little. I'm reluctant to cut the spring since I don't have a replacement but if others have done it successfully, I'll give it a try.

Thanks, Shelleen

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..