Return to Index  

not so much...

April 29 2017 at 3:10 PM

cobalt  (Login cobalt327)
YF12

Response to Is this the same CP-1 that, on the MrodAir website, is spec'd...

The trigger/sear adjustment does more for reducing pretravel than it does for making the pull lighter. If the screw is adjusted to bear against the small cross pin and not against the sear, this will move the trigger rearward in the trigger guard. This helps because the guard is small/cramped to me, YMMV.

But to the point- use a lighter spring (I found one in my spares, lord only knows what it came from) and polish the mating surfaces. I have a safe, reliable trigger at 15 ounces that passes drop test. Some info here.

You will still have a ton of overtravel but that can be fixed if you install an adjustment for it.

ETA Trigger pull weight progression:

Mrodair CP-1M, as delivered, lube and pretravel adjustment only- 2lb 2oz
Lighter sear spring added- 1lb 4oz
Polished mating surfaces, same lighter spring- 15 oz

This message has been edited by cobalt327 on Apr 29, 2017 4:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..