Return to Index  

OK now you can laugh. All it needed was

April 30 2017 at 8:26 PM

John in FL.  (Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

Response to No laughing here

1/2 turn more preload. Originally had 1.75 turns, adjusted to 2.5 turns and works good.
It really was valve lock, maybe the hammer spring took a little set... or air pressure smashed the valve a little more.

Funny part is that when I'd first fill it, it'd shoot, but wait 10 mins and the valve would lock. Pop it off a bunch of times and it'd start shooting again, wait and it'd lock again.

I need a more accurate gauge.....

EDIT and BTW it looks like I was already in a good spot with the adjustor, or at least the same range a lot of people found usable, 1.3-2.5 turns is what I see in tune reports.
Close enough was pretty close!!!

Further edit, leak was likely just some crud in the valve. LOTS of crud in there, paint, swarf, pellgun oil all dried up....

This message has been edited by gratewhitehuntr on May 1, 2017 11:05 AM

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..