Return to Index  

I used Dupli-color rattle can bedliner as a base coat, and

May 4 2017 at 12:20 AM
John Thomas in Spokane  (Login jcl08)
YF12

Response to Bedliner coating

then the the black rattle can Plasti-Dip on top of that, with clear rattle can Plasti-Dip as a top coat. The end result was very similar to a Houge over-molded rifle stock, and the bedliner provides plenty of texture.

I normally just use bedliner, the Plasti-Dip was a spur of the moment thing, I had picked some up on impulse at the paint store when it was first introduced in a aerosol spray can.

The bedliner alone, or with clear coat is easy to use on wood, covers well, and is pretty tough after it's cured. I normally use it on stocks and grips that have poor grain, extensive repairs or a lot of filler, etc. that would look bad with stain or oil finishes. I've used it on quite a few things, including plastic and fiberglass.

I wasn't happy with the Dupli-Color, and won't be using it again. It sprayed on nicely and covered well, but needed too much prep work for the end result. It took three tries before it stopped peeling off. (I don't normally mind the prep work, I paint my own vehicles, and was a house painter for years.)

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..