<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

B3-1 Chinese Air Rifle?

November 24 2003 at 2:06 PM
  (Login rrimoldi)

Recently purchase an air rifle jthat came in a box marked Chinese Air Rifle B3-1. It is a .177, under lever cocking, fore/aft moving breech loader with no rotation, very short scope mounting rail (approx. 4 inches), has no trigger safety, and a short stock end made for a very small person with short arms. I am wondering what is it that I have? Another question I have pertains to the disassembly of the main spring using a spring compressor. Do I have to disassemble the trigger mechanism before removing the main spring? The trigger housing is spot welded to the receiver and cannot be removed. To remove the trigger parts I would have to remove three pins and catch the parts and small spring as they fall out I am afraid I would not be able to replace them properly back in the housing. Someone please help. Any comments greatly appreciated. Rino

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Samples)
YC

If you have a Industry brand gun,,

November 24 2003, 2:37 PM 

if you remove the three pins(they are held in by stock,and usually fall out to get lost)the spring should hold it in their.It wasn`t hard to fix my trigger.I`ll warn you in advance that on my B3-1`s(I have three)they shoot faster if you don`t mess with them.That crap rust oil seems to boost the velocity.If you clean it out&tar the spring&use the proper moly air gun lube it will loose speed,IMHO.DD

Respond to this message   

(Login rrimoldi)

I will follow your advice DD...

November 25 2003, 11:16 PM 

Ok I will hold off and enjoy shooting the B3-1...If day comes to replace main spring, do I have to remove the trigger parts before compressing the main spring? Futhermore, what is an industry brand gun? Who makes this B3-1, what kind of performance can I expect...Rino

Respond to this message   
DD
(Login Samples)
YC

The trigger .

November 26 2003, 7:09 PM 

just kinda hangs loose on some B3-1`s,when you take the pins out,and on on some you have to push the spring loaded sear up out of the way so piston can come out,and in,but mainspring will come out without messing with trigger."Industry Brand" is just the maker in China,like Crosman makes some of ours.The B3-1 is a basic Chinese underlever.Several different companies in China make one,some have different triggers,some barrels have heavier steel,some have sling swivels,and some have the rear sight mid-ship,and some are clamped on scope rails.I`ve seen several different makers at flea markets.The on line tool store "Cummins Tools" has a great B3-1 for $19.95,plus shipping that is probally the best of my B3-1`s.has great blue and a beautiful barrel bore,and the barrel is most important for good accuracy.Expect about 520-620fps in 177cal,and 350-470 in 22cal.
Hope this helps,DD

Respond to this message   

(Login rrimoldi)

Good Job Explaning...

November 27 2003, 12:05 AM 

DD I thank you most sincerely for the expert information. I think I have an industry brand B3-1. If ever need to replace main spring will follow your advice. Thanks again. You were very helpful. rino

Respond to this message   

(Login rrimoldi)

I will follow your advice DD...

November 25 2003, 11:17 PM 

Ok I will hold off and enjoy shooting the B3-1...If day comes to replace main spring, do I have to remove the trigger parts before compressing the main spring? Futhermore, what is an industry brand gun? Who makes this B3-1, what kind of performance can I expect? Rino

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - B3-1 Chinese Air Rifle?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..