AirAint177  (Login AirAint177)

Here is, from top left,

C1K77-005 spring guide
C1K77-013 detent pin
C1K77-015 and C1K77-017 spring guide assembly and tube cover
C5K77-004 piston spring (main spring)
C1K77-003 and C1K77-002 piston and piston seal

My spring is not straight. Is that ok?

The detent pin slides over the spring guide assembly and tube cover. The piston spring (main spring) slides over that. Then the spring guide goes on top, at the front of the spring. All of this slides into the piston.

The parts list and teardown pic I'm using is for a Crosman Quest. So far, there seems to be no difference.

[IMG][/IMG]

This message has been edited by AirAint177 on May 16, 2007 10:41 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
AirAint177
(Login AirAint177)

Piston and Seal

May 16 2007, 10:22 AM 

Here is the top of the piston with seal. See that torn piece? Under that the seal is gouged. The top of the seal is a little pitted too.

[IMG][/IMG]

This message has been edited by AirAint177 on May 16, 2007 10:23 AM

Respond to this message   
AirAint177
(Login AirAint177)

Trigger Pack Assembly

May 16 2007, 10:30 AM 

Trigger Pack Assembly part# C1K77-029

I don't have a parts break down of all the Trigger Pack Assembly parts. Anyone?

Ok, that piece in the top of the pic, the one that looks a little like a Night Stalker and the spring to the left of it, I'm not too sure how to put that back in. It goes in the top, but I didn't mean for it to come out. Suggestions?

The spring at the bottom goes onto the side of the Trigger Pack Assembly and is what holds tension on the safety.

There is another spring inside the Trigger Pack Assembly and it's going to stay there. I'm not having any trigger problems. I like the trigger and really don't want to take it apart.

[IMG][/IMG]

This message has been edited by AirAint177 on May 16, 2007 10:32 AM

Respond to this message   
AirAint177
(Login AirAint177)

Detent Pin

May 16 2007, 10:36 AM 

Here is a pic of the detent pin. The flat end of the spring has make a gouge and little bump in it and the spring does not turn on it. The gouge holds the spring in place. Is this a good spot for a washer for the spring to turn on?

[IMG][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AirAint177
(Login AirAint177)

Breech and Cocking Lever

May 16 2007, 10:40 AM 

This is how the cocking lever is attached to the breech. It's riveted.

[IMG][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
jack
(Login 61fury)
YFOT

trigger assembly

May 16 2007, 6:50 PM 

I'd like to see a pic of it when its re-assembled, a close up of that hairpin trigger spring if possible. Reason why, I foolishly took apart a trigger on a Daisy 120 that uses a similar spring, I didn't take notes or pics or remember anything, I finally have it together but am unsure about the placement of that spring. Even worse, the things not mine. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
AirAint177
(Login AirAint177)

Overall Impression

May 16 2007, 11:04 AM 

The metal is good steel, not pot metal. I'm not finding gouges, pits or burrs in the moving metal parts. Both ends of the main spring are ground flat and do not show grinder burn marks. Even though the saying for lube is less is more, this gun seems to dry, to me. Parts fit together well. There's not much play at all in how the spring guide fits into the main spring.

Looks like what I want to do is polish up a few parts, put in a washer behind the main spring, replace a seal and lube it up. The typical stuff.

This is the most I've taken an air gun apart. Going by stories I've read and pictures I've seen of other guns, this gun is fairly well made.

I'll have the gun apart for a awhile, so if anyone wants a pic, post here.

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Glover, Walter
(Login Voltar1)
YFOT

Sounds good so far

May 16 2007, 1:20 PM 

The Quest is a great value for the dollar. Follow the experts lubing advice and truly less is best.
If you could crosshatch the chamber that will help with the seal.
Another thing that is worth doing is getting a trigger mod kit from say PowerStrokePneumatics
You will get a very nice real two stage trigger out of the trigger mod.
Keep up the good work and the reporting of your progress is great.
Walter....

Respond to this message   
Frank
(Login airbuddy3)
YF

Before You install the new piston seal ..

May 16 2007, 7:52 PM 

Make sure that you deburr the metal slots and ramp the cutouts at about a 30*angle to prevent the new seal from meeting the same fate as its predecessor .The cut outs are sharp as a razor and the insertion of the
seal is when it gets cut .

Regards ,
Frank

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..