<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

by the time i get the hang of it

April 26 2010 at 11:32 AM

(Select Login -bp)
YF

i'll be too old to shoot.

i've been honing my bench skills indoors at 10M using a printed page with upper case Os
like this:

O O O O O O O O O

O O O O O O O O O

...etc. they're spaced across the page and a little larger than shown here; about .177 diameter.

there is still only one pellet (jsb exact) that works in my qb79 and until last night i could not get the shots consistently inside the Os.

with a rock jr. in front and a beanbag in the back, i finally learned something; it needs to be held much firmer than i've been doing.

now i press down firmly on the back of the buttstock with my left hand, and squeeze with equal pressure with the first pad on the trigger and the thumb on the back of the grip.

when the thumb on the back of the grip counteracts the left hand on the buttstock, it holds me right on target, and when i do my job, i'm finally hitting in the center of the O.

the page holds 189 Os. if i can ever get enough to brag about, i'll find the cable for my camera and post a pic.

still not where i wanna be, but getting closer

-bp

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - by the time i get the hang of it
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..