Is this gun shootable for a lefty.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
robert
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

No..not really

February 11 2012, 2:54 PM 

Have to ignore the dark colored stippling, but the basic stock is the same shape as it was when a 12gr. AR2078. Going to have some problems operating that one from the left side. Can do it if you had to, but won't be comfortable.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Feb 11, 2012 2:55 PM

Respond to this message   
Don
(Login royrogers1952)
YF

Can you tell me how long the fake vent slots are and

February 11 2012, 4:32 PM 

how wide they are? Im making my own from a walnut stock blank!!

Don

Respond to this message   
robert
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Something close to...

February 11 2012, 5:10 PM 

1.9" by .46". Are rounded rather than square and do go right though the stock.

Don't see how they really do anything useful....just style points. With co2, if the gun over heats, letting more mid-summer air at the tube won't be a help...same with cold in mid-winter.

Respond to this message   
Don
(Login royrogers1952)
YF

Yep, I just like the looks and how far from each other? TIA

February 11 2012, 5:14 PM 

Don

Respond to this message   
robert
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Something close to .8"

February 11 2012, 5:36 PM 

Its not like those port holes are all that clean-cut and exacting.

Do remember the RWS 75 recoiless match gun...had ports only half way inletted into the stock with black plastic inserts at the bottom. LOOKED like ports, but as they didn/t really go all the way through, was 100% a visual.

thinking the human mind/eye has an attachment to ratio... 2" long..1" between...1/2 wide might work out visually (a 4:2:1 proportion).

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Feb 11, 2012 5:38 PM

Respond to this message   

Dave
(Login TheDukeofKingston)
YF

2078 stocks

February 11 2012, 7:23 PM 

I learned on another forum that the AR2078a stock is derived from an early Anschutz match rifle, and the slots are/were used to add weights.\
Anyhow, the "a" model is right hand, the thumbhole or AR2078 model is ambi. I have seen stocks converted from right to ambi for the a models. Takes a bit of work and changes the look/balance.

Respond to this message   
DJNA
(Login DJNA)
YF

Its to bad I really like the look of that stock,

February 12 2012, 11:30 AM 

I have wanted to get a QB/rifle for a long time, I think that I could cut & sand out the square side to match the other side. I have a lot of wood working tools, I never messed with a stock before, could be interesting.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..