<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Need help with B-21 trigger...

February 14 2012 at 11:29 AM
  (Login daved20319)
YFOT

A good friend and fellow forum member, Jesse Maley, just gave me a B-21. Nice guy, huh happy.gif? It's a pretty nice shooter, although much too long when I got it, so after taking one shot with it, I lopped 6" off the barrel. MUCH nicer handling, really improved the weight and balance. Benched in my shop (10 yards), it's showing good accuracy, but the trigger is giving me fits. The adjustments really don't seem to be doing much, and the second stage break is still WAY too heavy. It's not really a TO-5 copy, but it's not a TO-1, either, despite the 2 adjustment screws, so I'm at a little bit of a loss, here.

So, does anyone have any tips for adjusting/tweaking/modding this trigger? I'm sure I could tear it down and figure something out, but if someone else has already been there, done that, I'd like to hear from them. And if there's anything else I need to look at or watch for, I'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks.

Dave

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
knt
(Login Rescue912)
YF

Once you figure it out ...

February 14 2012, 7:15 PM 

... it can be made very nice. My B-21 has one of the best triggers of any rifle I own.

Front screw is weight, right is heavier. Rear is travel and I believe right is shorter.

If you take it out of the action you can look through an opening in the top to see the engagement on the little ball that the trigger holds on to.

Respond to this message   

(Login daved20319)
YFOT

Figured it out myself...

February 14 2012, 11:14 PM 

Or at least, I came up with something that works for me happy.gif. I pulled the action out of the stock and was watching while adjusting the screws, they really weren't doing much, looks like they're too short. So I pulled the part with the adjusting screws (secondary link?) out of the housing, pulled the screws, and milled about .030" off, allowing the screws to reach farther. Ran both screws in all the way, still a little heavy, but far better than it was. It now has a short first stage, and a distinct second stage stop, with a consistent, reasonably crisp break. I didn't want to tear the rifle down completely today, but the next time I do, I can see plenty of areas in the trigger parts that will benefit from some polishing. I think once I do that, this will end up a pretty nice trigger. And now, with a usable trigger and the shorter barrel, it's a pretty good off hand shooter, too. Later.

Dave

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Need help with B-21 trigger...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..