<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New AR2078A unboxing pics

April 10 2012 at 12:17 AM
Ryan  (Login woodchuckssuck)
YC

Thought I would share just a couple quick snapshots of my AR2078A unboxing. It arrived today, and was just ordered last week happy.gif

Here they are!

[linked image]
Boxed as arrived...

[linked image]
Industry Brands Box

[linked image]
Packed so well!

[linked image]
What a beautiful gun!

Hope it warms a bit outside to go out and shoot this nice gun. Its shooting 650fps @ 63F with 7.9gr pellets according to my "Gold Service" data. Impressive! Plenty for plinkin, targets, and the occasional starling/pests.

This message has been edited by woodchuckssuck on Apr 10, 2012 12:18 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bill Powell
(Login BillinOregon)
YFOT

Sweet!

April 10 2012, 9:31 AM 

Ryan, what is the rear sight made of? It sure is a good looking rifle.

Respond to this message   
Ryan
(Login woodchuckssuck)
YC

Looks to be...

April 10 2012, 11:21 AM 

All metal. The frame looks to be alloy, and the adjusters are steel as is the aperture. The only thing not metal is the rubber eye cup happy.gif While its lacking in refinement compared to a Lyman sight or an older redfield sight, it looks to be very adjustable and should work just fine. I don't know if I really like the rubber eye cup, and it pops off in a second. I will probably end up removing mine, it fuzzes up the sight picture. Maybe out in bright sunlight, though, its different!

I do find the front aperture to be a bit small or something, but that will probably change when I look at a target!

Respond to this message   
Ryan
(Login woodchuckssuck)
YC

Been shooting it a little...

April 12 2012, 2:01 PM 

Well I shot the gun Tues and again today, just whatever 2 powerlets will get me. I ran it over the Chrony Tues just to see, and with 7.7gr RWS R10 (I have a local place with old stock at REALLY good prices)in a 58F basement, I was getting 650fps happy.gif

Accuracy Tues was pretty good, I took the barrel off yesterday, and cleaned all the preservative out of it and smoothed over a few burs on the loading port. Today accuracy was effected by me, but by the end of the session (before shots started to drop) she was shooting well again, or maybe I should say that I was shooting well again...Was a bit tired and had just got done with my walk, shower, shave and eating all very quick.

I will get the rests outside someday and really wring her out. But that is really not how I intend to shoot the gun. I also need to try more than just the R10 pellets, I read somewhere people have better luck with domed pellets in these guns. I tend to find wadcutters are best under 550fps, or 10M and under. Once I get outside, I plan to shoot farther than 10M. The sights should work just fine for the squirrel target and tin cans happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Mike melick
(Login mikeiniowa)

Try H&N Target 4.51 head

April 12 2012, 6:51 PM 

They seem to work well on most barrels....shoot it some with cheap soft lead pellets. The start of the rifleing can have a sharp edge that will clip the pellets, soft lead from the el cheapos will build up and make a ramp for the pellets...

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com Flying Dragon Air Rifles 515-924-3699
Warranty repairs on Xisico brand rifles, Parts for Xisico brand
Factory approved upgrades for Xisico

Respond to this message   
Ryan
(Login woodchuckssuck)
YC

Pellets...

April 13 2012, 12:13 AM 

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion! Did you mean H&N Field Target Trophy or something else? I don't find anything just called "Target"... I will have to add those to my "want" list! Will surely order from Pyramyd Air, how can you go wrong getting the 4th tin free? happy.gif

All I currently have are:
RWS R10 7.7gr (2 3/4 tin)
Crosman Premier hollow point (half tin?)
Beeman Silver Sting (almost full)
Beeman Hollow Point (gold plated lead, are VERY accurate in my Daisy 131)(2 unopened tins)
Crosman Premier Heavies (from late 90's! - only a few left)
Crosman pointed pellets. The cheap ones. (50 or so)
Crosman wadcutters - cheap ones (250)
Gamo Magnum pointed pellets (200)

and last but not least, a bunch of CHEAP pellets from a tool show. Probably will just melt those down, they are not worth much more. Saying they are inconsistent in size is being kind wink.gif

This message has been edited by woodchuckssuck on Apr 13, 2012 12:21 AM

Respond to this message   
Mike melick
(Login mikeiniowa)

I think thats the one..

April 13 2012, 7:17 AM 

Will look at the tin when I get to the shop...work great for target shooting, anything over 700 fps go to domed...JSB???

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com Flying Dragon Air Rifles 515-924-3699
Warranty repairs on Xisico brand rifles, Parts for Xisico brand
Factory approved upgrades for Xisico

Respond to this message   
VAF
(Login VAFarmer)
YC

Good velocity, great shooting, relatively cheap

April 13 2012, 12:53 PM 

were Air Arms falcons in mine.....but it was a .22.

The Falcons are rebranded JSB's, run on the light side(higher velocity, but lower energy)and with that light skirt really seal good in front of Co2.

I think the .177s are 7.3 grains.

Not too expensive.....

God bless,

Farmer

Respond to this message   
Bob M
(Login bluzjamer)
YF

Mike you did a beautiful job on my AR 2078.

April 13 2012, 7:03 PM 

It is now nice and smooth, mine is 22 cal and with 14.3 I was getting 675 with about a 10 fps drop with each shot. Haven't put any fresh carts in it yet so I may get better, Depends on how many you shot with them. Nice job Mike, thanks.
Bob

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..