<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Silks purse from a sows ear Part 2

August 5 2012 at 7:05 PM
unrepentantsinner  (Login unrepentantsinner)
YF

I have gone about as far as I am willing to go as far as expenditures and tuning on this rifle, but it has been fun and rewarding..

I have had Dyotat put a 25 caliber LW unchoked AF Air Force barrel on it, which is held by three set screws,a Burris 2x7 Fulfield with Ballistic Plex reticle with a 100 yard parallax adjustment.

The stock has been made to look like a AIC Sniper stock from a broken and poorly repaired BAM 51 stock that I glued and screwed together. Atho this stock copies the AIC stock in form, it does not have an adjustable cheek piece or butt pad in function, but for me, I made it so I am staring right down the tube of that Burris 2x7 Flullfield with my 6 foot frame.

The trigger has been bent more into a conventional configuration and could use more tweaking, I am just not willing to take the risk. Trigger pull is superb.

I detuned it down to an average of 920FPS/47 FPE from a 2500 PSI fill. Informal shooting at 38 yards has given me .46 at that range, who knows what it would do with a propper bench rest and powerful scope.

It is a cheap, consistant, reliable and accurate hammer that looks good from a galloping horse.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
robert
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Was just wondering...

August 5 2012, 8:38 PM 

..how you were getting along with that .25 BAM. Has a solid look to it.

Respond to this message   
unrepentantsinner
(Login unrepentantsinner)
YF

I put the Bushnell 5x15 on it and I am flabbergasted .29 average at 38 yards

August 6 2012, 11:57 AM 

I shot with bags this time, I could see my heartbeat from too much coffee in the scope.

I shot two 5 shots groups,.28 and .30 at 38 yards.

The .30 group, the bottom hole was the POA.

This message has been edited by unrepentantsinner on Aug 6, 2012 12:20 PM

Respond to this message   
unrepentantsinner
(Login unrepentantsinner)
YF

Scored a 25 yard crow and a 95 yard cottontail with it today

August 7 2012, 6:39 PM 

It is earning its' keep.

I was loading the Explorer to go down to my 100/150 yard range and a crow started scolding me in a dead Madrone about 25 yards away, those genes will not be getting into the gene pool. 50 FPE does not loose much at 25 yards.

Then as I got to my 100 yard range 3 minutes later I see a small clump at the target line. A cottontail was munching in the grass. I gave the turrent on the Tactical Buhnell a full turn and took rest on the hood. A loud whop sounded just after breaking the trigger.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..