<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A nice pair

November 19 2016 at 8:18 PM
hfenn  (Login hfenn)
YC

No that's the off topic.
Here is my .22 QB78 next to my Custom Shop 2300 with the RB grips that gubb33ps sent me. I've ordered a QB 78 in .177 to go in the new stock because the QB has quite a few cosmetic issues, especially some damage on the trigger guard. It's almost as cheap to buy the whole gun and have extras than to buy a few of certain parts!
[linked image]

One QB78 reviewer on PA wished the fore-stock was wider and flatter. I have that with this stock with a little weight penalty. The QB stock from this example weighs 2 lb. 6.5 ounces and the Richards weighs 2 lb. 11 ounces.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
hfenn
(Login hfenn)
YC

Thanks again for the grips gubb33ps and

November 19 2016, 8:25 PM 

when I point the gun the front sight is centered in the rear with my natural grip whereas the stock Crosman grips throw the front sight a blade width to the right. It was way too windy here today to try .177 on CO2 so I'll see how it shoots with the new grips next week sometime.

This message has been edited by hfenn on Dec 4, 2016 10:12 PM

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Welcome...better to be of use...

November 19 2016, 8:52 PM 

..that sitting in the parts box. Look good as a pair.

Now that I think about it, may have a QB trigger housing around here someplace.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Nov 19, 2016 8:54 PM

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Thanks for the unexpected....

December 4 2016, 2:33 PM 

..surprises are always nice.

Although not Chinese, turns out the "orphan" pellets did their best in a non-China made rifle.

Hollis:
Love orphan .25 pellets. Or atleast I love trying to match the orpahns to a .25 (if any) that will shoot them well.

Found the rifle that will shoot the 24.4gr. H&N F.T. and the 19.9gr. F.T.T. pellets well enough to use to help rid the bacyard of power0trasformer-shorting,m attic invading, gray(tree) squirrels.

It''s a springer...ok...it's a gas-ram springer...and only (with these pellets ) in the 13.3-13.5 foot pound region).

photo 37ee3b93-3d5b-4d4f-9716-11eacccec440.jpg

And the 20 yard practice target (tried to make it a little bit lower contrast by sketch-coloring in the squirrel body):

photo a8ff84aa-bf57-4403-b4d9-36692e06183f.jpg

YEah...can tell I'm a confirmed airgunner...couldn't find two dimes (airgunners are always poor)...had to use two pennies.

Will leave the rifle/scope./adjustments alone and just dedicate the remainter of those tins to that paticular rifle, the squirrels dumb enough to expose themselves, and a sharp knife to skin. quarter them.

Thanks for the orphan pellets...lets see if I can put the knife to work.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Dec 4, 2016 2:38 PM

Respond to this message   
hfenn
(Login hfenn)
YC

You are very welcome, and

December 4 2016, 5:30 PM 

that is much better than those pellets did in a .25 Marauder or down a .25 pipe I had on a Talon for a while.
Best regards

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..