<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Stock Project Started for QB78 (pics)

November 27 2016 at 9:34 PM
bReTt  (Login CBPeter)
YC

This will be for a QB78 action with a HPA bottle and Air Venturi .177 cal repeater kit installed. The wood is black walnut.

Tell me what you think, good, bad or ugly!

photo IMG_0513_zpsu4xz8rlw.jpg

photo IMG_0515_zpssbzgjitb.jpg

photo IMG_0514_zps0quh6hcu.jpg

photo IMG_0516_zpswvzt9kpp.jpg
Brett

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
hfenn
(Login hfenn)
YC

Great start and

November 28 2016, 10:05 PM 

looks like a nice piece of wood. Keep us posted on the project!

Respond to this message   
Wendell
(Login Matchstickshooter)
YF12

I know

November 29 2016, 10:57 AM 

how this will turn out.....another beauty!

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

Thanks men!

November 30 2016, 10:18 PM 

No progress as of late. Holiday weekend is over and back to work! I did just get a new scope in the mail and now waiting on medium rings to mount it to this rifle. I don't seem to have the "gift" as some do at getting these rifles to shoot like a $1000 gun but I stumbled on to that with this one. I ended up cutting about 2.25" off the end of the barrel and recrowning it. Now it shoots right on the money! I am happy.

I am going to make a slight design change to the grip. For some reason I seem to make the grip too short. I did this on the first on too. Anyway, I will add a grip cap to it to add length. Nothing major but just thought that I would throw that out there for anyone interested....
Brett

Respond to this message   
Wendell
YF12

Methinks

December 3 2016, 9:10 AM 

your "gift" is giving new life to the wood. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

progress

December 10 2016, 8:10 PM 

photo 20161210_133306_zps9ugycs27.jpg
Brett

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

I had a late night last night! ha ha

December 12 2016, 4:38 PM 

All day long I wanted to get out to the shop for some sawdust therapy. Finally after everyone was sealed up tight in their beds, I headed out for an extended therapy session.

I feel that I made a lot of progress in that time and I am really liking this stock for this action.

Tell me what you think....

photo IMG_0532_zpsacwe8gn0.jpg

photo IMG_0534_zpsryyc1i9c.jpg

photo IMG_0533_zpsyn8vroz2.jpg

photo IMG_0535_zpsw16mwsvz.jpg

photo IMG_0536_zpsupvcvz9o.jpg
Brett

Respond to this message   
Wendell
YF12

Now we"re talking! nt

December 13 2016, 12:45 PM 

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

incredible work! nt

December 13 2016, 7:04 PM 

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

I'd say you are getting very good at this stockmaking gig of yours

December 13 2016, 8:55 PM 

That's one heck of a nice looking QB.

Respond to this message   
Steve888
(Login Steve888)
YF

Brett, That's A Beautiful Stock!

December 14 2016, 12:12 PM 

Thanks for sharing with us. You obviously have outstanding woodworking skills!

It's a shame that we can't get a more attractive stock from the factory, but I'll talk to the owner again about this at the SHOT Show in January.

Stephen Archer
Archer Airguns Inc.
http://www.archerairguns.com

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

Thanks everyone!

December 14 2016, 4:29 PM 

I appreciate the kind words. I really do enjoy making stocks. It would be nice to have more time to do it.

Here is a picture of me holding the rifle to give a perspective of its size, another of the view from the bottom and last is a target that I shot last night to show that it is shooting well for me.

photo IMG_3306_zpswpohpril.jpg

photo IMG_0537_zpsxoa5zqk7.jpg

photo IMG_0538_zps4ujvpvam.jpg

3 shots at the large 3" center target to see where it was shooting. I had sighted for 19 yards the other day and wasn't sure where it would hit at 33. One pellet went high and left, two in the same hole in the black center.

From there I went to the top right target and shot the remaining 7 pellets in the mag into it. Next was down the right for 5 shots each.

Then I went to the top left and shot 5 in each down the left side. The last five pellets I aimed at the sighter pellet that went high and left at the center target where I started to check zero.
Brett

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

DONE! FINISHED! COMPLETE!

December 21 2016, 1:37 PM 

Well, I am happy to report that this project is complete! Sure, there will be more tweaking and tuning and twisting and turning but hopefully mostly shooting now. I have some Watco Danish Oil (cherry) on the stock and I may still fill the grain with some sort of finish but mostly it's ready to roll. Here are some pics to feast your airgunning eyes on! It feels great to shoulder and balances perfectly.

Tell me what you think.

photo IMG_0539_zpsnkb4cows.jpg

photo IMG_0540_zpsgctaasxr.jpg

photo IMG_0542_zpsicoqxaqs.jpg
Brett

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..