<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Did you guys see that a Chinese side lever WON a CASA FT event against

December 13 2016 at 8:48 PM
Scot Laughlin  (Login classicalgas)
YF

some pretty pricey guns? Granted, the shooter is very good,and the gun is tuned (heavily modded?) but still....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1481564357/last-1481597738/Expand+Thread

Look at who he beat, and what guns they were shooting.

This message has been edited by classicalgas on Dec 13, 2016 8:52 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

thats really funny

December 14 2016, 8:32 PM 

god only knows how many hours of mods are in that gun.

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

Yeah, but consider the bragging rights...was it worth however long he spent?

December 14 2016, 11:35 PM 

Kinda like Ron and his 78 taking the Nats.

I mean, he beat three USFT's and a Steyr, several TX200's, a Diana 54, and a Prosport, among others.

This message has been edited by classicalgas on Dec 14, 2016 11:45 PM

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

hahahah

December 17 2016, 12:48 AM 

yes.If i thought i could tune a chinese springer to stomp out 2000 dollar guns, id spend 100s of hours modding it too

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

You and me both. The one time I beat a couple FWB65s and a Morini pistol

December 17 2016, 11:02 PM 

at air pistol silhouette with a crosman 357, it was so worth the dozens of hours spent modding the gun. 40 yeas later I can picture the looks on the shooters faces.

It did kinda take the wind outa my sails when the guy with the (stock other than a trigger job and rifle scope(taco hold)) daisy 747 beat us all.

This message has been edited by classicalgas on Dec 18, 2016 4:19 PM

Respond to this message   

Robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

thats as extreme~

December 19 2016, 11:55 AM 

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

Not really, I knew it could hit a dime at thirty feet twenty four out of twenty five

December 21 2016, 10:45 PM 

it was just a matter of me doing it. Weaver stance with a scope, or offhand iron sighted, depending on the class I shot.

There's a certain pressure on a shooter when his opponent has cleared all ten of his targets before he's fired at four... a lot of guys can't handle it, and start missing.

That day I was shooting against a guy with solid focus,behind that 747, and he won.

before photo 106_0699.jpg

This message has been edited by classicalgas on Dec 21, 2016 10:50 PM

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

i think you

December 22 2016, 9:11 AM 

could surely make another run at this with the great availability of parts nowadays

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

Almost no one takes the Vigi/357 seriously, there are no aftermarket parts available

December 23 2016, 3:18 PM 

so far as I know.

Besides, most of the fun for me is making the parts, and turning a pigs ear into a sleeper.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

pigs ear

December 29 2016, 1:45 AM 

lol. I gotta grab a vigilante , never seen the new design

Respond to this message   

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
AR&P

Hard to tell what is still QB, but that is an awesome build and fantastic performance

December 14 2016, 9:50 PM 

I should throw my ol' 57 in the dumpster, except I really like it. First gun I ever lube tuned and still decent.

Incredible that he took that field!

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

Other than the wood, trigger and barrel, the gun is mostly Chinese

December 14 2016, 11:53 PM 

The 57 tune kit from Archer was shoehorned in, he made an o-ring piston head, guide, and muzzle weight and put in a high grade spring.

Shooting under 800 fps...he must be really good at range-finding.

I've got a 58 that's been on the back burner for a while...but I'll never shoot as well as Mr Hull.

Looking at the gun, I suspect it's almost recoiless, and that what little there is is straight back...the recipe for an easy to shoot springer.

This message has been edited by classicalgas on Dec 14, 2016 11:55 PM

Respond to this message   
L.Pirrone
(Login LPIRRONE)
YF

don't forget the barrel

December 20 2016, 10:50 AM 

is an HW. that gun is chinese in name only. Also, it is not just a mater of subbing in a bunch of off the shelf parts. He is an engineer and a good machinist and there is quite a bit of him in that gun. Having said that, if Scott could not shoot it would not have mattered. He can shoot.

This message has been edited by LPIRRONE on Dec 20, 2016 10:54 AM

Respond to this message   
EdS
(Login cthulu)
YC

Impressive

December 15 2016, 9:44 AM 

That's pretty impressive! But the fact is some of the Chinese guns are tack drivers and if you got to know the gun well I could see it could shoot with the best. I need to dust my 58 off and see how well it shoots after seeing this!

Respond to this message   
Tim Ward
(Login lefteyeshot)
YF12

We were shooting paint balls at 25 yards

December 16 2016, 10:55 AM 

at a fun shoot awhile back. The other guys with newer springers didn't hit any. I hit four before I missed with an ancient Peak B4-2 underlever. First gun I ever rebuilt. That was kinda' cool. Must have been the Hawke scope.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..