<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Shanghai/Industry catalog

December 21 2016 at 9:32 PM
EdS  (Login cthulu)
YC

Got a copy of the Industry airgun catalog along with some accessories I ordered from Archer. Interesting to see they still make the QB88 and the B4-1 sidelevers as well as the break down QB57. Would be great if these were still available here in the states. Also still show the SS2 sidelever match pistol.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
RBest
(Login RBest)
AR&P

mrodair.com sells a nice looking folding stock AK style sidelever

December 31 2016, 5:31 PM 

They have a couple pix of it on their site.

Respond to this message   
BillinOregon
(Login BillinOregon)
YF12

That sidelever ...

December 31 2016, 6:10 PM 

Russ, I bought one of those from James at Fun Supply many years ago.
Where have the years gone?

Respond to this message   
EdS
(Login cthulu)
YC

Re: mrodair.com sells a nice looking folding stock AK style sidelever

January 1 2017, 7:32 PM 

Yep, picked one of those up, same as XSB3 sidelever but now called XS B5 if I recall. I haven't shot mine much as it's pretty rough cocking and seems I need to strip and rebuild it from the start, believe these have synthetic piston seals vs the leather of the b3

Respond to this message   
BillinOregon
(Login BillinOregon)
YF12

Wish they exported them to our shores

December 31 2016, 5:44 PM 

Cannot figure out why they don't export those models anymore. Surely there is a market. I'd love to have a crack at the SS2.

Respond to this message   
scottro
(Login scottgg)
YF

SS2--- Count your blessings. Save your money

January 7 2017, 9:17 PM 

I had an SS2. It shot pretty well and quite smoothly for about 500 rounds. Then the sear or some internal part wore and it wouldn't stay cocked. I sent it back to Compasseco for repairs. It took months and when it came back, I assumed they'd fixed it free under warranty. I found out later that they'd charged a credit card of mine that they had on file. sad.gif

The SS2 was very crude in every way compared to an FWB and the cocking mechanism had sharp edges that hurt your hand after a shooting session. The sights were also crude and the back sight was canted. There were review articles on the web comparing the SS2 favorably with the FWB65, but they were untrue.

My advice: Spend the extra $$, get a nice used FWB, and don't look back.

Respond to this message   
BillinOregon
(Login BillinOregon)
YF12

Thanks for sharing

January 11 2017, 5:17 PM 

Scott, sounds like it was not a good product.

Respond to this message   
scottro
(Login scottgg)
YF

It had potential, but just didn't measure up.

January 19 2017, 9:25 PM 

At the time, an IZH46M only cost $50 more & I foolishly decided to try the SS. sad.gif

Respond to this message   
Skillet
(Login Skillet)
YC

Mine still shoots...

February 23 2017, 8:47 PM 

Rebuilt it once, got the trigger breaking @ 3.5

Shoots .22 hobbies at 505 fps

A plinker with Panache

Skillet

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..