<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Another B50 question/quirk.

December 28 2016 at 7:14 PM

Skip in WV  (Login SkipinWV)
YF12

I installed an Altaros regulator, filled it to 3000lbs, and shot it. Velocity was 475fps. If I remember correctly, from the dim past, if you fill to 3000lbs it will shoot slow. So, I removed the regulator and the oring was broken. My theory is it broke during installation causing the really slow velocity. Help! Good theory, bad logic, poor memory?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
knt
(Login Rescue912)
YF

Very well could be ...

December 28 2016, 7:39 PM 

... but mine came way oversprung from the factory. In .177 it was shooting really (really!) hot and shot string was all declining velocity from the get-go. If you fill to 3K without the regulator installed what do you get? If it is still 475FPS then I say you are correct.

Respond to this message   
knt
(Login Rescue912)
YF

If you are tuning Skip ...

December 28 2016, 8:15 PM 

... I probably have a spare light hamerspring in the parts bin. Hit me up and I'll send you one.

Respond to this message   

Skip in WV
(Login SkipinWV)
YF12

Mine is a 177

December 28 2016, 9:38 PM 

I got about 20 shots at about 910fps. Hoping to get it to about 875fps. With the regulator I should get many more shots. When I bought it is had an LW barrel installed. By hit me up I assume you mean my address.
biomech@comcast.net

This message has been edited by SkipinWV on Dec 28, 2016 9:38 PM

Respond to this message   
knt
(Login Rescue912)
YF

email sent ...

December 29 2016, 8:54 AM 

... working from memory here but I recall 30+ shots from my 1500PSI fill in the 12FPE range so with 3K fill and regulator you could probably almost triple that with a proper tune.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..